How to reset or find D-Link router login password
What are your hopes and dreams? Tell us something about that. Oops sorry I think it’s not the right time to ask about that. You might probably go through the worst moments of your life.
I can honestly understand how it feels when you face such kind of problem. Right now you might be feeling like Oh my God!! I will never be able to fix this issue. It seems to be too hard and too sad and it is giving you a headache. Hey, you don’t you dare to think about this at all, we are here to help you out. We are here to ease you down; it’s not a big problem at all.
Furthermore we come up with the best solution for this problem ( how to reset or find D-Link router login password ). Just follow all the below mentioned steps. First here’s the good news: because you’ve locked down your wireless network and D-Link router configuration settings, you’re one step ahead of anyone trying to access your network and its devices.
The bad news? Depending on which password you’ve forgotten – the Wi-Fi password that enables you to connect devices to your D-Link router, or the administrative password you use to log directly in to your D-Link router —you’re either in for a short visit to your router’s Web configuration screen or a total router reset. If you would like to know more about D-Link, click on this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-Link.
The Forgotten D-Link Router Wi-Fi Password
First of all I’ll start with the easy one: the forgotten Wi-Fi password. Once you’ve set and saved a Wi-Fi password on your system, after all, you won’t ever need to change it — though experts do recommend that change all of your passwords a few times a year.Furth
Resetting your D-Link® router’s Wi-Fi password is easy, Follow the steps.
- First of all Open a web browser (For e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari), type your D-Link router’s IP address i.e. 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your web browser.
- Afterwards a login screen will appear, at the login screen, select “Admin” from the drop down menu and enter your admin password.
- Once you access the Web configuration screen, click “Setup” in the top menu.
- Furthermore Now select the “Wireless Settings” link on the left-hand side.
- From there, click on the “Manual Wireless Connection Setup” button.
- Furthermore What you are supposed to do is scroll down to the field representing my “Pre-Shared Key”. If you don’t see it, select a security mode from the dropdown menu at the bottom of the screen first.
- Finally At last type in a new password. (I use a hybrid WPA/WPA2 security mode.)
That’s it! Now it’s time for the more challenging of the two: the forgotten admin password.
The Forgotten D-link Router Admin Password
Most Noteworthy If you forget your Web configuration password, you’re stuck: you have no way to change any settings on your D-Link router. You are dearth of resources and the only recourse is to use a paperclip or other pointy object to reset your router to its factory settings with the paperclip.
What you are supposed to do is hold down the tiny reset button on the back of your D-Link router for about five seconds. Your router lights will blink to confirm the factory reset. You can now use the router’s default password to log into its Web configuration screen (look in your router manual if you can’t remember what this is). Once you’re in, be sure to change this password to something unique. (To ensure a strong password, click on this link for reference https://strongpasswordgenerator.com/ )
We all forget passwords. But with a little prep work, your D-Link router will be ready to rebound when you have a memory slip.
We hope you find the information above helpful. We have tried our best to resolve your issue (How to reset or find D-Link router login password). In case you find any difficulty in getting the above mentioned points, then please do let us know. We will be glad to help you out.
Also Follow How To Login D-Link Router | An Ultimate Guide
- Get the IP address of your router. By default, the IP address is 192.168.0.1.
- Open a web browser from your computer and type the router’s IP address in the search field.
- When the login screen appears, click the drop-down menu and select the Admin option.
- Provide the administrator password and select OK.
- Choose the Setup option to open the web configuration screen of your router.
- Go to the wireless settings menu and then select Manual Wireless Connection Setup.
- Select the Pre-Shared Key option.
- If the option is not available, choose a security mode from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Create a new password.