How to configure TP-Link router for Wi-Fi ?
How to configure TP-Link router for Wi-Fi ? Your TP-Link router is the backbone of your home network. Furthermore Properly configuring your router will protect your information from prying eyes, also securely connect all of the devices in your home to the internet, and even keep your children from looking at things they’re not supposed to. Follow the steps mentioned below to know How to configure TP-Link router for Wi-Fi. If you would like to know more about TP-Link, click on this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TP-Link .
Basic Setup to configure TP-Link router
- First of all use an Ethernet cable to attach a modem or active data jack to the blue Ethernet port on your TP Link router.
- Then, Plug in the router and power on using the Power On/Off switch on the back of the device.
- Afterward, Connect to the wireless network broadcasted by the router. The default SSID and WPA2 key are printed on the bottom of the device.
- Also In your web browser, navigate to tplinkwifi.net.
- Now You are supposed to Enter the default user name and password, which are both “admin”. Click Login.
- The center panel when you log in is labelled Quick Setup. Click on Next to get started.
- In the Wireless Network Name field, type the SSID that you want to use with your wireless network. Keep in mind that nearby computers can see your SSID. Don’t use personal information or information about what type of router you have.
- In the WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK field, type the password that you want to use with your wireless network. Most noteworthy make sure you use a strong password that would be difficult for others to guess.
- Click on Next.
- At last click on Finish.
You will now be disconnected from your wireless network. Sign in using your new SSID and password.
Your Wireless network is now set up!
Additional Security to configure TP-Link router
Furthermore For additional security, we recommend you to change the admin user name and password. This makes it more difficult for someone to change settings in the event that they are able to gain unauthorized access to your network.
- First of all in your web browser, navigate to tplinkwifi.net.
- Now, enter the default user name and password, which are both “admin”. Click Login.
- Then, in the navigation bar on the left side, click System Tools, then Password.
- Furthermore Enter “admin” in both the Old User Name and Old Password fields.
- Enter a new user name and password in the New User Name, New Password, and Confirm New Password fields. Your password must be between 1 – 15 character and may not include spaces. Do not use the same password that you used for your wireless network. Do not share this user name or password with anyone.
- At last click on Save.
- Finally You will be logged out. Also verify that you are able to sign in with your new user name and password.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) allows you to connect devices to your network without using the WPA2 key. For the reason that if physical security of your router is a possible concern, disable WPS by clicking WPS on the navigation bar, then clicking Disable WPS.
We hope you find the information above helpful. We have tried our best to resolve your issue ( How to configure TP-Link router for Wi-Fi ). In case you find any difficulty in getting the above mentioned points, then please do let us know. We will be glad to help you out. also Follow “How to change TP-link router password and username”