How to change TP-link router password and username ?
Are you looking for the solution to this problem ( how to change TP-Link router password and username )? You are at the right place and we would love to fix your problem. However, it’s kind of complicated task but we are not quitting on you. Jokes Apart!! It’s a very basic problem and we come up with the best possible solution to get rid of this issue. What we are expecting from you is just follow the below mentioned steps and execute them properly, your problem will definitely be solved. If you would like to know more about TP-link, then click on this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TP-Link
How to change TP-Link router password ?
- Make sure your system is connected to the Internet. You’ll need to be connected to the Internet in order to access the TP-Link router’s page.
If in case your wireless connection isn’t working properly, you can connect directly to the router.
- Open a web browser (for e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari). To access the router’s page, you are supposed to enter the TP-Link router address in your browser’s address bar.
Enter 192.168.1.1 into your browser’s address bar. This is the TP-Link router address.
- Now enter the router’s username and password. If you haven’t changed these from the factory settings, the username and password are both admin.
If you did change the username and/or password but no longer remember them, you’ll have to reset your TP-Link router before continuing.
- Afterwards click on Wireless. It’s on the left side of the page.
- Afterward click Wireless Security. This option is below the Wireless menu on the left side of the page.
- Scroll down and check the WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK box. It’s near the bottom of the page.
Type in a new password. This goes in the “Password” field, though the password field might say “PSK Password” instead.
- Click on Save. This button is at the bottom of the page.
- Click on OK when prompted. This will save your new password, though you’ll need to reboot your TP link router for the changes to take place.
- Click System Tools. It’s at the bottom of the column of options that’s on the left side of the page.
- Click Reboot. You’ll find this near the bottom of the System Tools menu.
- Click OK when prompted. This will reboot your TP-Link router. When it comes back online, your password will be in effect.
You will need to reconnect each of your previously connected devices to the router with the new password.
How to change TP-Link router username ?
- First of all Locate your login information. This can typically be found either in your TP-Link router’s user manual or on the back or bottom side of your router. You’ll need three pieces of information: the IP address, username and password for your router.
- Furthermore Log into your account by opening the browser window and entering the IP address (192.168.1.1). A login screen will appear, asking for the username and password.
- Change the username the Administrative or Security Tab. The location of this tab will vary. It’s typically in the Administration or Security tabs of your router’s main settings page. When you’ve found it, enter the default username and password, and the desired new username to change the setting. Click on Apply, and your new username will immediately take effect.
We hope you find the information above helpful. We have tried our best to resolve your issue ( How to change TP-link router password and username ). In case you find any difficulty in getting the above mentioned points, then please do let us know. We will be glad to help you out. Also Follow “To Configure TP-Link router for the first time”